Felt like snacking a couple of days ago and nothing beats a crunchy snack. We had gotten some fresh shrimp from the seafood market that i planned to use to make a green curry, but i decided to deep fry them instead after coating with some panko crumbs, to create one of my favorite appetizers ever.
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1/2 pd of shrimp, de-shelled and deveined
- 5 tbsp of panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp of dry parsley
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of dry rosemary
- Salt and black pepper; chili for heat
- Dip Ingredients
- 3 tbsp of sour cream
- 1 tsp of sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp of sriracha or any hot sauce, don’t use Tabasco because it changes the taste.
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of chili flakes.
- 1. Whisk the egg with some salt and pepper and set aside Mix the panko crumbs with the dry parsley and set aside Season the flour with salt, pepper and dry rosemary and set aside
- 2. First dip the shrimp in the seasoned flour, shake lightly to dust off excess flour Then dip in the whisked egg
- 3. Lastly coat it with the panko crumb and parsley mixture, i usually just dip it into the bowl of panko crumbs
- 4. Deep Fry in Very Hot oil, until the shrimps brown. serve immediately. its not very nice when cold. If you are frying a lot of shrimp, leave your oven turned on to 200degF and store shrimp in the heated oven as you fry the others.
- 5. I reckon this would also turn out well if you bake in the oven also, just lightly spray with an olive oil spray and bake in a 400degF oven for 20minutes or until brown.
- 6. To make the dip, you can do this while the shrimp is frying, or even before you fry the shrimp, stir all the dip ingredients together